Here's what you'll need...
~1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
salt and pepper
8 thick-cut bacon slices
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 (5-oz.) pkg. baby spinach
8 slices French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
5 large eggs
1/2 cups half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon strips on a rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread on another foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake both sheets for about 25 minutes, flipping potatoes and bacon halfway through.
4. Take oven temperature down to 375 degrees.
4. Over medium-high heat, cook onion with oil until transparent. Add spinach, then add potatoes (once soft), stirring continuously.
8. Pour egg over casserole.
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I used a biscuit cutter to portion rounded servings, but it can be cut and served in squares or scooped.
This recipe was adapted from Southern Living (September 2016).
Did you like how I chose not to address the 4-month gap in posts up top there? Very suave, cool as a cucumber. A few things have happened:
- Viewed Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (#gilmoreguysshow #supergillypartypeople) with my really great cousins, uncle, and parents
- Had a very Merry Christmas with the rents
- Thoroughly enjoyed Lauren Graham's Talking as Fast as I Can
- Spent a weekend in Knoxville with my favorite sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephews
- Deeply dove into the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up -- our closets are getting very tidy
- Celebrated -- read "freaked out about" -- turning 28
- Watched Michael travel the country interviewing for fellowships
- Planned a very exciting international vacation for June (by way of Las Vegas for Backstreet Boys: Larger than Life)
- Secured Hamilton (Chicago) tickets