Hosted our 3rd Annual Holiday Party - out of hand in a good way - party recipe plan to be shared soon.
Had a Tender Tennessee Thanksgiving and a Pennsylvanian Christmas - warm and wonderful.
Heard that USA's Playing House finally got picked up for a second season - yes!
Read Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - a Merry Christmas gift from Michael.
Ran a half marathon half in Disney World - crowded, but highly recommended.
Ripped the carpet off of our staircase - it was time.
Started checking off New Year's Resolutions - and flaking out on a few.
While we have been doing an okay job of sticking to our weekly menu plans, I have slowed down my exploration of new recipes and we need to move back into the fast lane. To jump in, I am putting together a 2015 Kitchen Bucket list and we only have 340 days to go to make it through:
- Slow Cooker Baked Bread - sounds like magic.
- Flavored Applesauces - to put my new immersion blender to good use.
- Cornish Hens - for a meal that sounds fancier than it is.
- Granola Gifts - for myself and to share.
- Baked Donuts - always have my eyes out for a pan at TJMaxx.
- Homemade Snapple Substitute - because Michael's Snapple spendings are breaking the bank.
- Baked Oatmeal Granola Bars - simple enough.
- Minimally Ridiculous Freezer Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Meal Plan - cautiously boarding the Pinterest bandwagon.
- 5 New Side Dishes - that can be added to the rotation, aka, have less than 3 ingredients and take less than 20 minutes.
- Re-boot previously posted recipes - fix them, update them, or remind myself that I ever made them.
- Finish those soups I promised you last year - three recipes to go.
This doesn't feel overwhelming...yet. We'll see how 2015 treats us all in the kitchen. Thanks for coming back to hear me out.