Last week we took on a few vantage points in downtown Pittsburgh as well as a pit stop on the Great Allegheny Passage. Note, that neither of us have any education in how to use a camera -- no shame. And, yes, you can totally do this with a camera fun. Here's how it goes [for us]...
At each location, participants get the opportunity to take 10 photos. Pictures can be landscapes, details, interesting people shots or whatever you are interested in capturing. We are usually thinking about what we could frame and throw up on a wall somewhere in our house.
- Whoever is not driving between locations or when heading home gets to sort through the whole lot and assume his fate as the winner or loser.
- Decide how the winner will be determined -- will it be up to the participants to take a vote or will it be up to your friends on Facebook (yeah, take it there).
- Each participant selects 3 to 5 photos to put in the running.
- Make them big -- scroll through the selected photos on a computer screen or hook them up to a television screen. Work your way through until you have a winner.
- GLOAT about your great photography skills and your ability to really capture the essence of that blade of grass or architectural element.
This is what we came up with, but I won't tell you which ones or mine. Michael says the day ended in a beautiful tie. Let us know what you think -- I know you'll make the right choice.