Chicken is a pretty likable dish and most people are fond of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches -- and you really can't go wrong with a biscuit. I took a chance on putting these three things together for a delectable pb&j chicken biscuit. Let's break it down a bit: a thin skinless chicken breast with a peanut crust, pan fried, atop a biscuit with a smathering of strawberry jelly. If you have ever had a salad with chicken and fruit in it you are practically on the same page as I am. Give it a shot, I am pretty sure you will like it.
4 thin chicken breasts
1/2 cup crushed lightly salted peanuts
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup flour
salt and pepper
ready to bake biscuits (I used reduced fat Bisquick to whip up Biscuits)
Let's get started...
1. In a large shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, peanuts, salt, and pepper.
2. Prep flour in separate shallow dish; and two eggs in another.
3. Dredge the first piece chicken in the flour, then egg wash, then coat in peanut mix.
7. In batches, cook chicken on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Rest cooked chicken pieces on a wire rack and place in oven to keep warm with your biscuits.
This is an easy dinner recipe that you can keep the ingredients on hand to prepare. I hope to adapt the recipe for a party hors d'ouevres -- think pulled chicken in a peanut sauce on a small jellied biscuit as a slider. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Let me know what you think, if you are brave enough to give the pb&j chicken biscuit a chance. Also let me know if you are far braver than I and give this crazy sandwich recipe a try.