We did find ourselves with just half a portion of mushroom chicken left this weekend. And I found myself alone for lunch on Saturday. So, I transformed our leftovers into a delicious grilled cheese. It made for a wonderful Saturday lunch, but would be a great, easy dinner option too. You can consider planning your meals to leave leftovers for sandwich making later in the week -- or just see what you end up with.
Here's what I used...
Thick sliced Italian bread
Mozzarella cheese slices
Leftover mushroom chicken
Chocolate Milk (key ingredient)
To make the pesto...
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 teaspoon olive oil
Let's get started...
2. Shred chicken and mushrooms.
3. Process all pesto ingredients until smooth; set aside.
4. Heat up your panini press or frying pan.
5. Microwave the chicken and mushrooms for 30 seconds to warm.
8. Grill until cheese has melted and bread is at desired toasting.