Green bean salad is not something I came up with on my own, it is the result of searching "summer side dishes" on Pinterest. It would never have crossed my mind to eat cold, cooked green beans tossed with dressing. But, I have been missing out. I adapted a recipe for Greek Green Bean Salad from Peas & Crayons. I am pumped to see what else we can mix with green beans as sides or full meals!
Here's what you'll need...
For the salad:
8-10 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
1 chopped red bell pepper
8 oz chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 cup crumbled feta
Other things to add:
Grape tomatoes, halved
Pickled red onions
For the dressing:
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine or salad vinegar
2 tablespoons mustard (I used spicy brown mustard with horseradish)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a small stockpot of water to a boil.
3. Add beans to boiling water and simmer at medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water.
5. Wash and chop your red pepper, set aside in salad serving dish.
7. Rinse your chickpeas and add to red pepper.
9. In a small container, combine all dressing ingredients and stir or shake until combined.
We are off to a great start with this recipe, one down and four to go on new side dish ideas.