Michael is a big fan of pistachio pudding and I am a big fan of donuts, thus their union.
For the donuts:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 package pistachio pudding mix (do not use sugar-free)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk (plus additional as needed)
1 large egg
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
For the glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder, and backing soda. Set aside.
3. Whisk together buttermilk, egg, canola oil, and almond extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix. Add buttermilk if batter is too doughy, but final consistency should be thick.
6. Whisk together sugar, honey, and milk until glaze is creamy and pourable.
7. Cool donuts on a wire rack.
These beauts are going to go great with any green, purple and gold you don for Mardi Gras this year!
Bucket List Lessons Learned...
1. Don't overfill the donut pan.
2. Less milk in the glaze will allow it to harden -- more like donut shop donuts.