I spent some time getting my closet organized. I worked on hanging some more artwork on the walls. And I headed to my first ballet class in more than six years. It was something different at the end of my week, a taste of something from my past, and something refreshing. And it was hard. Picking up anything after six years is bound to be challenging, but that was part of the refreshment -- that I was able to do it.
Last week I promised a one ingredient twist on an easy dinner. Mint. A simple chicken sandwich can be something different, something more refreshing with a minted yogurt marinade. Based on a recipe from Rachael Ray.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- pita pockets or deli flats
- lettuce or spinach leaves
- tomato slices
- In bowl, mix first 5 ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside 1/4 cup sauce. Coat chicken with remaining sauce; let sit 10 minutes. In grill pan, cook over medium-high, 3 to 4 minutes per side; pull apart.
- Stuff pitas with chicken, lettuce and tomato; drizzle with reserved sauce.
Was that easy or what? Enjoy.