~2 pounds butternut squash
1 large yam
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
bread or croutons
Let's get started...
1. Wash your squash and yam thoroughly and prick with fork. Microwave on high, individually, for 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Melt butter over medium high heat and add in sugar and spices until creamed.
5. Add chicken stock and applesauce and bring to a boil.
6. Add squash and yam and simmer until mashable over medium heat.
7. Mix in heavy cream and salt and pepper.
8. Blend mixture with and blender or immersion blender and return to heat.
This soup is creamy and very filling. Try adding some extra stock to thin it out to your liking. I don't think I am going to make it all the way through by January 1st, but getting closer with each recipe -- soup ideas for you are #11 on my Kitchen Bucket List.