Studies have shown that less than 25% of people actually stay committed to their resolutions after just 30 days, and only 8% accomplish them.*
I promised I'd share my 19 for 2019 list, but I've also been nervous that I would not be on track come February and, quite honestly, didn't want to showcase my failures. (Check out my post about 19 for 2019 and the template I shared too).
Here they are, my 19 for 2019:
- Follow through on skincare routine (ie. properly wash my face every night)
- Got out for monthly date nights
- Complete Luke’s baby book
- Notarize wills and distribute info to key players
- Make baby food
- Make 10 new dinners
- Send birthday cards
- Send our Goddaughter a monthly prayer
- Use daily devotional
- Overhaul underwear drawer after finish nursing
- Clear everything out of storage
- Invite pastor over for dinner
- Write or call in to one of my favorite podcasts
- Play Scrabble twice a month
- Go to 4 concerts or shows
- Learn how to curl my hair
- Get a new family portrait taken at the beach
- Reinstate our annual Christmas party
- Post “Just 3 Things” monthly
I have other goals for the year related to health and finance, but I am keeping those separately. Maybe I will make a framed tracker for those to help with accountability. It would be fun to have a nook with these items posted with inspirational images or messages to keep motivated throughout the year. I am pumped just thinking about it.
I get that this is kind of intense and that crazy list-making isn't everyone's thing. You do you! If you want to try it out, here is the link for my template again.
Many of the items on my list are not hard and several of them are really meant to remind me to do things that bring me joy. My true resolution and the theme of my entire list is to get out of my own way and enjoy 2019. Hopefully, I’ll be able to make a habit of this year after year.
*Check out full article here.