What you'll need...
For the Chili:
1-1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
1 pound ground beef [we used turkey]
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained [and rinsed]
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1-1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (fat-free)
Let's Get Started...
1. Start by browning your ground turkey in the pot you will be using to stew your chili.
2. Simultaneously, bring about 2 cups of water to a boil with a dash of salt.
3. When the turkey is cooked through, add your chili ingredients and turn until well mixed.
6. Stew for 10 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep macaroni moist.
7. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Stay tuned for recipe 3, buffalo chicken chili. And let me know if you have tried any of these recipes or have recommendations for future chili cook off recipes.