1 stick of margarine
2 medium sweet onions, chopped
2 stalks of celery, diced
3 potatoes, diced
3 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons Siracha
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb white fish (haddock, cod, sole), cubed
1 lb shellfish (scallops and/or lobster)
Let's get started...
1. In a Dutch oven or stock pot, melt the butter and saute the onions and celery over medium heat, until soft.
2. Add the potatoes and cover with chicken stock. Continue to stew over medium heat until the potato is soft.
3. Add spices, Tabasco sauce, and Siracha.
4. Add add of the fish on top and cover with chicken stock. Cook until the fish begins to flake.
5. Pour the cream over the soup, then fill the pot with milk.
6. Stir and heat until thickened.
7. Serve with toasted bread.
We are still picking recipes for Soupfest 2014, let us know if you have something for us to try -- stovetop, crockpot, stewed in the oven -- we are ready to spoon, soak and slurp it up.
I have posted a few soup recipes in the past few years, remember to check them out if you are looking for some cold-comforting meals: Creamy Zucchini Spinach Soup and Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup.