- Purchase a Mile High Culture Pass. There are two options 3 attractions for $25 or 7 attractions for $52.80. We stuck with the 3-attraction option for our 3-day visit. If you forget to buy the Culture Pass in advance, you can stop in at the Tourist Information Center and get some other travel recommendations and pick up Denver swag while you are there.
- Reserve your US Mint tour. We missed out on the opportunity to visit Denver's US Mint because tours can be reserved as early as 90 days in advance and book up quickly -- so reserve your tour soon as you know your travel dates.
- Use UBER. We had lots of fun with our UBER drivers and found it was the easiest and cheapest way to get around the city as a group of three visitors. Also, purchasing a Mile High Culture Pass qualifies you for discounts on the Denver Bike Share program. Make sure to pack a helmet!
- Bring your BFF. We were lucky enough to spend our Denver days with our best friend. We met at the airport for a long weekend together.
- Skip or Savor the Brewery Scene. Don't get too hung up on brewery tours. We enjoyed a brewery-free weekend and didn't feel we were missing out. You can get some local brews to accompany your dinner at most downtown restaurants.
Long Weekend Plan
Dinner @ Linger Linger offers a world of flavors with tapas style offerings listed by continent on the menu. We loved the Roasted Beet Salad. You will definitely want to make a reservation to snag a indoor, open-air table, particularly on Saturday night. The rooftop has great views of the neighborhood, but is first come, first serve seating. So, plan to arrive early for your reservation and have a drink up there before taking your dinner seats.
Dessert @ Little Man Ice Cream Luckily, Linger is right next door to Little Man Ice Cream. The line for this infamous ice cream wraps the block -- but don't miss out on the Express Line, with a curated selection, but plenty of options to get a taste appreciation for this magical ice cream, including vegan offerings. Based on the line, chatter, and deliciousness, you would think this ice cream has been around for a hundred years, but in fact it was founded in 2008 with a great mission -- "For every scoop of ice cream purchased, Little Man matches that scoop with a donated scoop of rice or beans to a community in need somewhere in the world." And they have the friendliest staff around!
Take your ice cream cone on a walk. The Highland neighborhood was designed for walking and you won't want to resist the urge to snap some selfies or super artsy Instagram photos on the Highland Bridge.
Check Out a Show at Dazzle Jazz The night is young! Catch the second Saturday night show at Dazzle Jazz. A night at a jazz club certainly out of our everyday routine and a great way to unwind from a day of traveling and touring.
As you walk around town, make sure to snap a picture with the Big Blue Bear.
Brunch @ The Squeaky Bean Don't just brunch, BINGO brunch on Sunday afternoon at the Squeaky Bean. Play a few rounds of BINGO with strangers while you chow down on sweet Monkey Bread and savory grits. You may just win a pitcher of mimosas -- and then another that you can share with the table next to you.
Shop Larimer The 16th Street Mall and Larimer Square offer some boutique (expensive) shopping, but also a good selection of national standard brands. If you have room in your suitcase, you can definitely find some new items to stock your closet.
Laugh at the Comedy Works (21+) Much like jazz clubs, we don't frequent comedy clubs, so we added it to our vacation lineup as something to try. We enjoyed front row action at the Comedy Works Downtown for Jamie Lee's last show of the weekend. Tickets are very affordable, particularly on Sunday night, and the wait-staff was not pushy on the two drink minimum.
Late Dinner @ Rioja Admittedly, we stumbled upon this one -- Rioja was a great sidewalk dining venue for sampling shared plates of their artisanal pizza.
Grab a Delicious Bite at Olive & Finch Before heading out of the city, fuel up in City Park West. Try a delicious salad or sandwich at Olive & Finch. Get a treat from the bakery as a last hurrah to your long weekend in Denver.