Before your eyes drown in the goodness that is a pumpkin ice cream sandwich -- I want to share with you some upcoming news. Because of all the fun we had with the Great Chili Cook Off last winter, we are bringing it back with the Second Annual Great Chili Cook Off. We will be kicking it off with a pumpkin chicken chili next week.
Back to business. Ice cream.
for the pecan pumpkin ice cream:
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons salted butter
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 pints (1 quart) pumpkin ice cream
for the cookie layer:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Melt butter and sugar over medium high heat. Add pecans, cinnamon and salt. Stir until the pecans are well coated. Set aside.
4. Line your 8x8 glass or metal dish with parchment paper, hanging over the edges for easy removal later. And preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
7. Carefully add the flour mixture to the butter blend until batter is even.
10. Cool completely.
12. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 5 hours.
EAT! Add this to your Thanksgiving to do list. And don't forget to stop by next week for the start to the Great Chili Cook Off.