This salad will make for a most excellent brunch dish or summer side dish -- in addition to a filling meal on its own. Southern Living recommended honeydew and arugula, but we went with our preferences and what was on sale at the grocery store this week: spinach greens and cantaloupe.
For 2 servings
4 slices prosciutto
4-5 cups spinach leaves
1 cup thinly sliced cantaloupe pieces
1/4 cup feta crumbles
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
salt and pepper
Let's get started...
1. To prepare the dressing, in a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, and honey until smooth. Then, add mint and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Place prosciutto on a microwave safe plate in a single layer. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crispy.
3. Add greens, melon, pistachios, and feta to the dressing and begin to toss.
3. Remove prosciutto from microwave and break into salad bowl in large pieces.
4. Toss thoroughly and plate to serve.